Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gotta go go go go go....

One of the most frustrating things to me about pregnancy is the remarkable shrinkage of your bladder! Yes, I know it doesn't actually shrink but with all that baby and uterus expanding it kinda bunches things together down there and the bladder has to make room. At least that's what I've read in books and online(In much more scientific terms) to explain this phenomenon of an overactive bladder.
The unfortunate thing is that, when you are 20 weeks pregnant and taking care of a two year old at the same time, you get pretty drained at the end of the day and you are ready to sleep as soon as your tired body meets your gloriously soft bed... then you have to get up and go potty. Then you come back to bed and the baby starts kicking, then you have to go again. It is a vicious cycle and sometimes the up and down getting no sleep plus the raging hormones makes you just want to cry. I almost lost it last night when I had been trying to sleep for 2 hours and had already gotten up 3 times and I was finally getting comfortable and sleepy and Andrew started to fuss. He woke up crying and was just not feeling well. So I was up another 2 hours with him trying to sleep but he kept waking fussing and wanting mommy to hold him and talk to him. So after he finally went to sleep and I went to the bathroom AGAIN it was after 4am! I was one tired mama. For the record. He seems much better today. :)

The reality is that every pain and trial in pregnancy is worth it! I was miserable on bed rest with Andrew but I would do it over again in a heartbeat for my little man! He is such a blessing from God and I know this little one will bring me just as much joy as his/her big brother. I may gripe and complain about back pains and "round ligament pains" and about how the baby is always kicking right when I'm trying to sleep but in reality I could not be happier. I am so blessed and if I have to get up and pee 100 times in the night to bring this child into the world I am ready to do it!

We find out in just a few days if we get to reuse all Andrew's boy clothes or if we need to add some serious  frills to the wardrobe. I am very excited to know but as I have been telling everyone who asks me, I will be happy with either boy or girl. God blessed us with Andrew and I know He will give us whatever is right for us the second time around. Being a female myself, I have always loved dolls and girly things but in the past 2 years, balls, dirt and toy cars have found a very VERY special place in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. You just made me NOT miss pregnancy! It's tough to feel exhausted and frustrated and still have someone to take care of...especially when there's morning sickness with a toddler audience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I would stick myself with a needle 5 times day again in a heartbeat for my little girl. The unpleasantness only last a short while compared to the lifetime of blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really relate to you right now. I'm 20 weeks right now, and I often go four times in a couple of hours. And, of course it's the worst at night. I know that I can go 15 minutes before getting in bed. And, I'll need to go before I go to sleep. And, I'm lucky if I only go twice in the middle of the night...which of course ends at 6 am when I wake up. It is a tough time, but I love pregnancy all the same!

    ReplyDelete